Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Check those Aluminum wheels for cracks and damage!


The other day I was walking by a bus in the shop and noticed a large crack in the front wheel of an XL II we had been working on. Needless to say this wheel was very unsafe and needed replacement right away. A Few Days later, I had my own XL in the shop for a little upkeep and low and behold I have a crack on one of my tag wheels! I hear these things happen in 3's....so everyone get out there and do a quick inspection on your aluminum wheels. The best way to spot them quick is to keep the wheels polished, and if you do spot a crack remember that busforsale.com can mount a new rim for your bus usually the same day. Be sure to follow torque specs for your wheels to avoid any future problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment